Some of the Best Funeral Poems Ever Written to Include in Your Funeral Planning

Finding the right words for your funeral in Riverwood can be difficult, especially while you are going through this difficult time. There are a lot of things that you need to do during this time, such as choosing the right funeral directors in Riverwood or the right funeral homes in Sydney. When it comes to choosing the right things to say or read during the services, this can be more complicated for you to decide on. By reading on, you can learn about some of the best funeral poems that you can include during your funeral planning process.


Farewell My Friends

Farewell, my friends.

It was beautiful

As long as it lasted,

The journey of my life.

If your loved one was someone who embraced life to the fullest, then this is a great tribute to them. This was written by Rabindranath Tagore, which gave thanks for a well-lived life.

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

Written by Mary Elizabeth Frye, this poem was written to comfort her friend that had just recently lost her mother.

Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road

And the sun has set for me

I want no rites in a gloom filled room

Why cry for a soul set free?

Christina Rossetti is a poet from the 19th century, who was known for writing poems about grief and death. This is one of her more memorable verses, offering a message of hope that can be perfect for a celebration of life.

Afterglow

I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one.

I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done.

Helen Lowrie Marshall wrote this poem as a remembrance poem. This poem is all about how someone would like to be remembered after they pass away, which makes it great for a eulogy for someone who you have a lot of happy memories about.

My Journey’s Just Begun

Don’t think of me as gone away,

My journey’s just begun.

Life holds so many facets,

This earth is but one.


Ellen Brenneman wrote this short funeral poem as a hopeful and uplifting verse about one’s life after death. This poem may not be religious in nature, but it does offer the sense of finding peace in another place after one passes away.

Conclusion

Reflections Funerals wants to help people find inspiration during this difficult time, including helping you see some of the best funeral poems ever written. You can use these to find solace during your funeral planning or to use them as part of the funeral services. Whatever you may need from a funeral poem, these options can be some of the best options that you can choose from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do you Find Cremation Packages in Sydney?

The Best Funeral Directors in Sydney

What Memorial Gifts to Give to Grieving Loved Ones?